The Website and Blogs are somewhat similar. There are very few differences between them, but these are differentiable. The major difference between website and blog is that a blog is more interactive, while a website is static or inactive.
If we talk about blogs, the content of the blogs is frequently changed, and these are capable of providing the fresh and updated content each time a viewer visits the blog after a period of time. Conversely, this is not the case with the websites. The contents in the other websites (that are not informational websites) rarely changes.
Content: Website Vs Blog
|Basis for comparison||Website||Blog|
|Commenting||Not always possible||Enabled|
|Subscription||No subscription is available to the RSS feed.||One can subscribe to the blog's RSS feed.|
|Home page||Could be present||Mandatorily present|
Definition of Website
A website has a web page that is comprised of embedded text with resources like links, hypertext, forms, sound, images, etc. The objective of a website is to drive together with the resources and deliver the information to the viewer in an understandable, impressive and creative way. However, the information provided is regarding a specific purpose.
For example, if someone has a specific purpose or objective to write a book on some topic, then he/she could successfully accomplish it. Similarly, for constructing a website, you must define a specific objective or purpose.
Definition of Blog
In a technical sense, a blog is also a type of website. It is an open-source content management system or a blogging tool that runs on a hosting system. It is a short form of a weblog, which can be defined as the online journal shared over the internet. With the help of a blog, one can post diary entries related to his/her personal experiences or interests.
A blog is created and edited by an individual known as the blogger. To maintain a blog, one should focus on publishing the post to the internet using blog technology and updating the blogging program and its characteristics.
Key Differences Between Website and Blog
- The website is more general term as compared to a blog, which is more specifically designed. In other words, all blogs are considered to be a website, but not all websites are considered to be blog.
- The basic unit in a website is content, whereas, in a blog, it is a post.
- In a blog (or informational websites), the contents are placed according to some chronological order. As against, on a website, there is no specific arrangement of the contents followed.
- The commenting section is mostly provided in the blogs, while this is not necessary with the websites as the blogs are more interactive than a website.
- The homepage could probably be present within a blog, but on the website, the homepage should be included.
The main difference between the website and blog resides on the presentation of the information and the type of information. Blogs are elaborative while websites are concise. However, the content searched by the search engine refers to both the platforms equally, and the search results show the content according to its quality.